Sunday, March 2, 2014

L'Ecrivain in Dublin, Republic of Ireland

L'Ecrivain in Dublin, Republic of Ireland -  October 2013

So I wasn't in Singapore to celebrate my favourite girl in Dublin, Nastassia, 20th birthday. So I decided to treat her to a fancy restaurant when she's back in Dublin. The Dinning Room came up with an amazing offer of 50% for its 6 course tasting menu for 2. It's been awhile since I had the food and thus I don't exactly remember the names for it anymore.. So.. pictures only and a final review.




We were placed at the corner of the restaurant and so I was able to take the whole restaurant setting. It's a pretty nice and decent set up.
Birthday Girl :) Nastassia!
Amouse Bouche
Starters:

Really loved this mackerel starter that I had. It's quite a generous piece as well. The best mackerel I've ever tasted. Best dish for the night.

Palate cleanser
Palate cleanser
It's like a lime sorbet with mint. It's pretty refreshing as I can remember and Nastassia and I really wanted more of this.

Entrees:




Desserts:


I emailed the restaurant before hand informing them about Nastassia's birthday. They offered me to get a cake for 50euros or this little decorate chocolate dessert... Wasn't exactly the prettiest, seems very effortless for me. Quite disappointing, to be honest.


Petite fours

Coffee or tea with petite fours


Overall, the experience was okay. I personally loved the mackerel a lot. I would say it is the best I've ever tasted before. I was rather disappointed with the service, whereby I felt because both Nastassia and I are pretty young and that the waiters assumed that we didn't know what we are eating. I felt rather offended when the waiter even asked if we wanted an explanation to the food we are eating. Waiters and waitresses weren't really helpful or interactive as compared to other restaurants I've eaten before. In fact, I was rather disappointed that they placed us all the way at the corner, despite being one of the first few who booked an early dinner. The ambiance was nice, I must say. And the rest of the food was a hit-and-miss kind of thing, especially for the desserts. Plus, it wasn't really a 6 course menu because usually I don't consider a palate cleanser a course at all. 

In all honesty, I would rather much prefer head back to Chapter One than to l'Ecrivain. In terms of pricing wise as well, I feel Chapter One is more worth the money. But I suppose the 50% voucher off was really tempting and couldn't resist to pounce onto such irresistible offer. Disappointing dinning experience anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment