Saturday, April 12, 2014

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in London, England - 2

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, London - ★ March 2014

So I was down in London again so many times this academic year. I really wanted to try Alan Ducasse this time but there was no available timing for the time I was there. &My friends wanted to try Joel Robuchon, so I'm back here again. Their menu changed this time, obviously. I guess I still preferred the older menu. This time we also sat at the bar instead of the restaurant upstairs. A different setting, it's pretty nice. I also didn't take pictures of what my friends have eaten because they were pretty far away and I was too lazy to get a proper shot of their food.

Nice pictures coming up!



Bread and butter. Still loving the carbs.
Amuse bouche
I always like amuse bouche where ever I go. I think it's such a good small portion of goodness. This is a warm egg thingy with wasabi foam? It's a pretty good combination. Loved it a lot.

Starter:
Maine Lobster sala with guacamole and pepper tullie
Maine Lobster sala with guacamole and pepper tullie
This is was pretty nice. I love it a lot. Then again, it might just be the lobster and I paired it with white wine, so it goes really well with it. 

Entrees:
Slow cooked Ox cheek in red miso, puree of dalkon with shiso
I really should have tried something else instead of this. It wasn't bad, but I think there are better food on the menu, like the roasted duck. Though I was really looking forward for the spaghetti I had the other time, they didn't have it this time. So oh well.

Dessert:
Banana set on exotic fruit jelly, passionnata sorbet, banana and milk mouse
I actually really like the dessert a lot. A mixture of a lot of flavours which come together so perfectly. Probably the best dessert out of the 3 that was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment