Sunday, August 17, 2014

Wild Honey in London, England

Wild Honey in London, England -  August 2014

My last meal before I leave London, and my friend told me that she loved Wild Honey. So because of her, I chose Wild Honey over Pollen Street Social, which now, I regret a lot. I had a bad experience with Wild Honey, and I'll probably never patronize here ever again. And I would also not recommend this place to my friends at all. The Saturday lunch menu costed 25 pounds, which even though it was a pretty decent pricing, I don't think it was a single bit worth it.

Main entrance
Fried onions and some vegetables
Don't even know what this is, or even get to try it
Starter:
Thinly sliced veal 'Vitelo Tonnato' tuna dressing
Thinly sliced veal 'Vitelo Tonnato' tuna dressing
Main:
Slow cooked leg of Welsh lamb, crushed peas with mint & marjoram
Slow cooked leg of Welsh lamb, crushed peas with mint & marjoram
Slow cooked leg of Welsh lamb, crushed peas with mint & marjoram

Dessert:
Wild honey ice cream, honeycomb
Wild honey ice cream honey comb
Petite fours
I really dislike this place a lot. I was placed at the bar, which was okay. However, even before I could have all the small bites, they just took it away and brought my appetizer. I basically ordered and my appetizer came in 2 minutes, literally. I'm not complaining that the service was fast, but it made me question on whether the food was actually made to order or it was already made. Plus the waiter just simply took my food away even before asking whether I was done with it.

The food wasn't great either. I didn't think the veal was even nice at all. It lacked taste and texture. Everything was very substandard, except for the lamb. Which it was just slightly above average. The worst was the petite fours. The madeline wasn't even baked right, the middle was all so gooey. The macrons was like deep fried crispy.

Even though it only 25 pounds, relatively cheaper than the other places, I do not recommend this place at all. The food was very very substandard.

No comments:

Post a Comment