Sunday, August 17, 2014

Angler in London, England

Angler in London, England -  August 2014 

So the rest of my London trip, I was alone. It didn't stop me from trying this restaurant, and I'm really glad it didn't. My brother came here before and he recommended me this place because he knew I love seafood. So I eagerly booked myself a dinner at Angler. I was deciding between the 2 course or 3 course meal, and I am very happy with my decision of 3 course. 3 course meal cost 32.50 pounds without service charge.

Snacks: Mushroom and mozarella cheese
Amose bouche

Appetizer:

Potted salmon, cucumber & Granny smith, sour dough croutes
Potted salmon, cucumber & Granny smith, sour dough croutes
Mains:
Cornish cod, seaweed tartare, summer cabbage, carrot & giner puree
Cornish cod, seaweed tartare, summer cabbage, carrot & giner puree
Desserts:
Lemon posset, white chocolate crumb, lavender
Lemon posset, white chocolate crumb, lavender
I simply love this place a lot. From the food to the atmosphere to the service. The restaurant itself is situated at the 7th floor. Thought you wouldn't get a very good view (as compared to Duck and Waffle), but it is generally pretty decent. The deco arond the restaurant is very nice though, plus they have a cocktail/bar section at the rooftop which makes it even prettier. The food was probably the best of starters, mains and dessert in my entire life. It used to be Joel Robuchon in Paris, but I guess this displace that. The food was so fresh, the fish itself was so good. The whole combination of each and every dish was so very good. I cannot emphasize any further on how wonderful this place actually is. Though I didn't have someone with me, so I couldn't try the rest of the menu, I'll definitely definitely be back for more the next time I am down again. I spent a total of 45 pounds, but that was because I ordered myself a glass of sweet wine Riesling.

The potted salmon was really good and that it was actually quite a big portion. The softness of the salmon together with the crispiness of the croutons, it was such a good combination. I really really loved it. The cod was so good together with the bed of seaweed tartare. Mindblowing, really. It's hard to decide which was the best, because I really simply love it all. The lemon posset was so good, together with the flavour of lavender!? The combination of flavours was very very complimentary. I really really love this place.

My money was very very well spent. This place is definitely worth spending and going for!

No comments:

Post a Comment